Lucky Rundown 13 brings you some good news from Leaky Roof Meadery and some fun stuff from The Brown Derby Wine Center.
Read on, beer nerd. Read on.
Leaky Roof Meadery is working on getting their cans out there for you. They’re aiming for early to mid August right now, so we’ll keep you updated as they get closer to having the KCC&S Cyser and Berry Picker in cans. They’ve also released their Bond Burner on tap in Arkansas, so if you’re down that way, look for that one. It’s one of my favorites.
At their taproom right now, they have the following:
Pint and Growler Fills:
Gandy Dancer – 6.5% ABV Mead
KCC&S Cyser – Apple cider and mead together make one refreshing summer drink.
High, Dry and Dusty – You like it dry? This one’s for you.
Berry Picker – Berry mead for your mouth.
Dog House – Sour Cherry Cyser
Bond Burner – Jalapenos and pineapple make a hard-to-resist combination.
Spooklight – Pumpkin Pie Metheglin 6.5% abv
B & C – Buckwheat varietal honey with Sour Cherries 9% abv
Blackberry Cyser – Blackberries… mmm…
Mother’s Brewing Company has been working hard all week. You’d think they’d take a break, right? Well, didn’t you know Mother’s never gets a break? Right now, they’re planning on the D’Lila release next week and are starting the ball rolling for the myriad of Oktoberfest events you’ll see around town this fall, especially their own Oktoberfest in the Ozarks party in the Mother’s backyard. In addition, they still have a slew of delectables available in their tasting room:
- Doozy (Double IPA)
- Super Doozy (Aged in Oak Barrels)
- Holy Mole (Chili Beer)
- Sexual Healin (Coffee/Vanilla Nitro Stout)
- Chocolate Thunder (Askinosie Chocolate Porter)
- MO Cider
- Grow Cukes, Not Nukes (Farmhouse saison with cucumbers)
- Outlaw Josey Wales (APA)
- Sideshow Bob (IPA)
- Rumspringa (Kellerbier)
- Table Saison
- Training Wheels (Session IPA)
- Ales for ALS (Pale Ale benefitting ALS Research)
And don’t forget Super Doozy! is also still running around all over town.
We heard from White River Brewing Company this week, too. They’re a little run down from partying with you all week at #SGFBeerWeek, but they’re surviving and working hard to finish that tasting room you’re wishing for. Once they finish that, watch for the real fun to begin down there…
The Brown Derby Wine Center says they’re ready for you to come and visit. They’re currently selling the last 10-15 seats for a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America event on 8/12/2014 @ 6:30pm. Tickets are $20 each, and that includes samples of all 12 collaboration beers, with the Bell’s collaboration on draft. They are going to have a few 12pks leftover that they will sell via raffle at the event. It’ll pretty much be your only chance to get them, so you should just go ahead and bite the bullet.
Other highlights from “The Derb” include:
- Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops’pitality IPA just hit in 6pks late last week. This is a very solid American IPA and I highly recommend giving it a whirl and a swirl.
- Schofferhoffer Grapefruit Radler – A true German Radler that delivers serious grapfruity refreshment in the heat of summer. I could drink this by the gallon.
- Cathedral Square Gabriel IPA – Brewed to a whopping 120 IBUs with a blend of Centennial, Columbus, Chinook, & Millennium hops, yet somehow it’s fairly well balanced. Or is it? You might just have to find out.