A lot of interesting news in Craft Beer around here lately. Let’s get started running it down.
Mother’s Brewing Company is releasing Super Doozy! very soon. It’s shipping to warehouses next week, and you can expect to see 22oz Citra-hopped bombers showing up in stores shortly thereafter. To make this big blast of citrus, Mother’s team of mad scientists changed up the recipe a bit. They added a hefty dose of Citra hops and extended the dry-hopping stage to really pull everything they could out of the hops. They aged the brew in French oak, as well. Expect a huge hop nose and big citrus flavor that will only be tamed by the addition of the oak. It weighs in at 9% ABV and 80 IBUs, but there is much more to hops than IBUs. The Citra in this beer is not added for bitterness, baby.
In addition to their planned release of Super Doozy!, I also have an updated tap list for their tasting room:
- Training Wheels (Session IPA)
- Table Saison
- High Plains Drifter (American Pale Ale)
- Chocolate Thunder (Porter)
- Grow Cukes, Not Nukes (Cucumber Saison)
- Doozy (Double IPA)
- Thing 2: Rye Saison
- Holy Mole (Chili Beer)
- Sexual Healing (Nitro Stout)
- MO Cider
White River Brewing Company is releasing Jam Up Blackberry Ale as a summer seasonal this year. Look for it to start showing up everywhere around southwest Missouri within the next week or two.
Springfield Brewing Company says they don’t want to spoil the surprise, but watch for a new seasonal out very soon, as well.
Boulevard Brewing Company has released a new Sample 12 pack, which includes their Unfiltered Wheat and Single-Wide IPA. The Single-Wide takes the place of 80 Acre in the box, and is joined by two new tasting room beers, the Ginger-Lemon Radler and an ESB.
The Ginger-Lemon Radler takes the place of Zon as their summer seasonal, and is also available in bottles and you may even find it on tap around town.
Tallgrass Brewing Company recently announced they’re expanding their production with a $5 million new brewery. O’Fallon is also opening a new brewery, which should be coming online by the end of the year. Urban Chestnut just opened a new brewery up in St. Louis, so make sure you make it part of your next trip to see a Cards game.
UPDATE 6/20/2014: Brown Derby Wine Center:
- We received a very limited supply of Prairie Bomb!, as well as Bible Belt. We also just tapped a keg of Bomb! and Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere.
- New from Cambridge Brewing is Flower Child IPA. A floral IPA that comes in 6pk cans.
- Dieu du Ciel! Peche Mortel Imperial Coffee Stout – One of the top rated coffee stouts on Beer Advocate.
- Hanson Brothers Beer Company Mmmmhops Pale Ale – This is not a joke. Hanson made a beer.