Did you miss us? Sorry about last week, guys. We got a bit busy and had to miss a week, but we have some fun updates for you this week.
Welcome to The Rundown. Each week, we’ll post new beer releases, special editions, and seasonals that you can find here in Springfield. If a beer has not yet been released, we’ll also let you know the release date when we can.
Mother’s Brewing Company:
Your best bet with Mother’s this week is to make it to the 4th Ever Mother’s Day Festival, where you can expect to find Sandy, Doozy, Love Factory #2, and a slew of Tasting-Room-Only beers that will knock your socks off. Mother’s never messes around this time of year, and they have some seriously good beer around right now.
White River Brewing Company:
Keep your eye out this week for Buck Hollow Blond. WRBC had a shipment of incorrect packaging, so it should be packaged this week, but you can get your hands on it now on draft around town or at the Brown Derby Wine Center (they hand-bottled a couple of cases for them).
An interesting side note for you: White River has broken ground on their new construction, so expect some updates on that in the coming months as they build a larger tasting room and outdoor seating area.
Springfield Brewing Company:
In addition to their flagship beers and their bottled Anniversary Ale (Berry Stout), you can find three specialties on tap. Hellbender Hellerbock, Del Fuego, and The Quencher in the Rye.
The Brown Derby Wine Center:
In addition to being the only place to find Buck Hollow Blond in bottles right now, the Wine Center also has some new additions to check out.
- Founder’s Rubaeus – Ruby-Red Raspberry beer.
- Odell St. Lupulin – An Extra Pale Ale. Bold hops, light color and body.
- Cambridge Spring Training IPA – Don’t mistake this for a session IPA. It is 6.6%. But it’s refreshing and chockabock full og Palisades and Ahtanum hops. Grassy, wildflower aromas set this IPA apart from others.
As for other craziness they have for you, check out this list:
- Mikkeller French Oak Barleywine Series- A base beer that is a 19.3% barley wine aged on French oak with varying levels of toast. 6 beers total.
- Mikkeller 1,000 IBU- They only have one case and it’s going quickly.
- Nogne-O/Terrapin Imperial Rye Porter- A rare treat to find something with a Terrapin logo on it around here.
- Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga- Funky spring seasonal
- Anchor Summer Ale – An American Wheat beer that has been brewed annually since 1984. Light and refreshing.
- Lazy Magnolia Backwoods Belgian – A Belgian-style Strong Ale, this slightly sweet beauty is brewed with honeysuckle.
- Core Brewing Company – Not sure what beers they will be bringing from ore this week, but some highlights to look for include their Robust Porter, Pale Ale, and their ESB. Once I know what’s available in town, I’ll fill you in.
Questions or suggestions? Reach out to us through the Contact Us page.
Welcome to The Rundown. Each week, we’ll post new beer releases, special editions, and seasonals that you can find here in Springfield. If a beer has not yet been released, we’ll also let you know the release date. Mother’s Brewing Company Tasting Room: Chocolate Thunder – Stout brewed with Askinosie Chocolate. Pulp Fiction – Saison with Blood Oranges Imperial Three Blind Mice – Big brother to three blind mice, this one’s big, bold, and delicious. Grow Cukes not Nukes – Cucumber Saison, cool and refreshing with a hint of black pepper from the yeast. Should be out next week. Love Factory #2 – Not out yet, but you should be thinking about it. Launches on May 17th at the 4th Ever Mother’s Day Festival. Springfield Brewing Company: Hellbender Hellerbock – Pale golden bock beer with a healthy helping of fruity hops. Del Fuego! – An SBC favorite, this stout is dosed with smoked Chipotle Meco, Pasilla, Ancho and De Arbol peppers. Don’t fear the heat, though. It’s well balanced and not too spicy. Quencher in the Rye(PA) – A newer addition to the SBC family, this RyePA is crisp and bright with some peppery notes from the hops and rye. White River Brewing Company: Ole Mill Ale – You can still find this in a few stores around town. It’s big, bold and delicious. A big malt backbone and some warming alcohols make this an ideal companion for sipping next to a fire on a chilly spring evening. Buck Hollow Blond – A Missouri take on a Belgian blonde, this should be hitting stores next week. Once I have a firm date, I’ll let you know. Leaky Roof Meadery: Berry Picker – Four berries in a mead? Yes, please. The sweetness of the mead is well balanced by the tart addition of four berries. A very refreshing change of pace for when you want something completely different. (Available on tap only) Around and about town: Boulevard Grainstorm: A “double black rye IPA”, expect big malt, big hops, and the darkness of a storm at night. Big beer. Tallgrass Brewing: Halcyon and new variety packs hit stores this week. Halcyon is a refreshing wheat beer made from Kansas wheat and a healthy handful of hops. Nice citrusy beer, and it comes in cans for your outdoor adventures. Deschutes: Fresh Squeezed will be back in town this week. It’s an IPA made with citra and mosaic hops, lending bright citrus and tropical fruit in large doses without the addition of actual fruit. Not The Stoic is a Belgian dark strong ale (Read: a quadrupel) from a Deschutes. It releases in town next week, so keep a sharp eye out for it. I’m not sure how much will be around. Abita Andygator Doppelbock – This beer looks pretty intense. It’s a high-gravity beer fermented to a dry finish using German yeast and Liberty hops. It’s a clear straw color with a bit of sweetness, bread, and spice, but it finishes dry. It’s back in stores in SGF and now available in 6 packs. Anchor Brewing Company – The California Lager (Part of their Zymaster Series) is out. It’s a single-hop beer that uses cluster hops “from a long line originally grown in California. They are actually doing a lot of local sourcing, using water from Yosemite, their own California yeast strain, and the Cluster hops. Anchor IPA is also out and about town. It’s a well-balanced IPA with a solid malt backbone and an intense hop bitterness. Other Quick Hits:
- Cathedral Square Belgian White is now available in 6 pack bottles
- Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout (seasonal)
- Stone Sprocket Bier (Black Rye Kolsch)
- Sierra Nevada Hoptimum (limited time)
- Founders All-Day IPA (a personal favorite) is coming in 15 pack cans for the same price as 12.
- Odell Loose Leaf Session Ale (session IPA)