The latest in beer releases and local and regional beer news. It’s the RUNDOWN!
Mother’s Brewing Company is releasing Super Doozy! very soon. I mentioned it last week, but it’s sitting in warehouses now and you can expect to see it within the next two weeks. A super-citra-hopped blast, this is a limited batch, and probably won’t last long.
In addition to their planned release of Super Doozy!, I also have an updated tap list for their tasting room:
- Training Wheels (Session IPA)
- Table Saison
- High Plains Drifter (American Pale Ale)
- Chocolate Thunder (Porter)
- Grow Cukes, Not Nukes (Cucumber Saison)
- Doozy (Double IPA)
- Thing 2: Rye Saison
- Holy Mole (Chili Beer)
- Sexual Healing (Nitro Stout)
- MO Cider
White River Brewing Company has Jam Up Blackberry Ale out and about. Look for it on tap and in bottles around town.
Springfield Brewing Company says they don’t want to spoil the surprise, but watch for a new seasonal out very soon, as well. I don’t have an update on it this week, unfortunately.
Brown Derby Wine Center:
Eric wanted me to remind you of their special guest for the Complimentary tasting on Friday. Joe Stange, Co-Author of Around Brussels in 80 Beers and The Good Beer Guide to Belgium will be at the Wine Center pouring and discussing some hand-picked Belgian delights as part of his Good Beer Guide book tour. Check out his blog at The Thirsty Pilgrim.
Eric gave me a list of fun things for you to check out while you’re there (or sooner, if you want some of the hard-to-get stuff):
- Stone Brewing Company Collective Distortion IPA – Yet another bruiser Imperial IPA from Stone. The use of exotic hops and the addition of elderberries and coriander make it a unique twist on what we all love about Stone.
- Stone Brewing Company Stochasticity Quadro Triticale – A Belgian Style Quad brewed with a hybrid malt that comes across with the flavor of wheat and spiciness of rye. It’s lower in sweetness, but rich with flavors mirroring dried fruit, making Quadro Triticale a modern interpretation of one of the most historically sacred styles on Earth.
- Saison Dupont Cuvee Dry Hopping 2014- This is a personal favorite of mine. Every year Brasserie Dupont releases a small batch, dry-hopped version of their classic Saison. This year, the English variety, Challenger, was the hop of choice, lending floral and citrus notes to an already exciting & rustic brew.
- Jolly Pumpkin/Anchorage Calabaza Boreal – Two kings of “funk” combine forces to make a saison with grapefruit peel, juice, & peppercorns. This is in very limited supply so get it while you can!
- We received a very limited supply of Prairie Bomb!, as well as Bible Belt.
- We also just tapped a keg of Bomb! and Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere.
- New from Cambridge Brewing is Flower Child IPA. A floral IPA that comes in 6pk cans.
- Dieu du Ciel! Peche Mortel Imperial Coffee Stout – One of the top rated coffee stouts on Beer Advocate.
- Hanson Brothers Beer Company Mmmmhops Pale Ale – This is not a joke. Hanson made a beer.