Next week is American Craft Beer Week, so you can expect to see a lot of craft beer related events happening throughout the area.
Look for tons of events from local brewers, newcomers Core Brewing Company, and from your favorite retailers in the area. Here are some highlights:
Saturday, May 10th:
Have a little Pre-ACBW party in the Brown Derby tent village this Saturday to benefit the Doula Foundation of the Ozarks. Saturday is the Craft Beer Fest at The Brown Derby International Wine Center. It’s $15 for general admission, which gets you in from 1:30 to 4pm, but you can get in an hour earlier if you call them in advance and reserve your VIP ticket for $25. There will be over 100 beers to try, including some pretty special brews from some of America’s best brewers.
Sunday, May 11th:
Continue the festivities with an ACBW kickoff party on the Ebbet’s Field Patio with Mother’s Brewing Company. They’ll be out there from 8:30 to 11PM serving Mother’s Beer on Mother’s Day. Buy your Mom a Sandy to thank her for making you happen.
Monday, May 12th:
Craft Beer Bowling League launch at Enterprise Lanes. Teams of 3 bowlers competing for who can drink the most craf- oh, wait. No. Who can knock over the most pins while drinking craft beer. League is weekly through June 28th, and is $11 per bowler per week. Your $11 gets you three games of bowling and the right to wear those awesome shoes for an evening. (It also includes one locally-crafted beer from Mother’s, White River Brewing, or Springfield Brewing Company). Call Enterprise Lanes at 417-883-0511 to sign up.
Tuesday, May 13th:
- Macadoodle’s on Independence will be holding a Core Beer sampling from 5-7 PM
- Old Chicago on Independence will have a Core Beer Tap Takeover that day.
- Mother’s Brewing Company is sponsoring a Cards Against Humanity tournament at Trolley’s. There will be tables of 8 players until each of the 8 tables has a winner, then those 8 winners will compete for a chance at CAH glory. Call Trolley’s at (417) 799-0309 to reserve your spot.
- Bair’s Sports Grill downtown will have a Boulevard Brewing Company Tap Takeover from open to close, including a chance to win an awesome vintage-style Pop-Up IPA cooler. Beers are available all day, but the giveaways will start at 6pm.
- Trivia Night presented by Boulevard at The Flea downtown. Sign-up is at 6:30, and Trivia starts around 6:45 or 7.
Wednesday, May 14th:
- Mother’s Trivia night featuring Doug Riddle at Finnegan’s Wake. Starts at 8 pm. The trivia will be solely Beer-Related in honor of ACBW.
- Core Beer Sampling at HyVee from 4-6 PM
- Patton Alley Pub will hold “Happy Hour All Day with Core Brewing” Tap Takeover.
Thursday, May 15th:
- Mama Jean’s Craft Beer Fest from 5-7 PM. Expect highlights from your favorite local breweries and from Core Beer.
- Mother’s Brewing Company Tasting at Macadoodle’s on Independence, including Sandy and DOOZY!
- Big Time beer dinner at Metropolitan Farmer with Mother’s Brewing Company. Limited to just 25 seats, and they are $40 apiece. Starts at 6:30pm. 5 courses. Call Metro Farmer at (417) 720-1665 t reserve your spot before they are gone.
- Cruisin’ for a Brewsin’ with Mother’s Brewing Company – Bicycles and beer. Evening kicks off at The Dugout and you’ll ride from beer venue to beer venue enjoying the spring weather and responsible drinking. Be careful, my friends.
- Mud Lounge/Core Beer Tap Takeover and Keep the Pint special.
Friday, May 16th:
- Macadoodles in Branson will have a Core Beer Sampling from 3-5pm.
- Harbell’s will have Boulevard Pints on sale for $2.50. At 6pm, the sampling team will be there to kick the party up a notch.
- Brown Derby Wine Center/Mother’s Brewing Tasting. From 4-7pm, you can sample Mother’s beers including Sandy and Doozy. For free.
- Another Mother’s tasting is this day at Price Cutter on Republic and Kansas Expressway.
- Yet another will be happening at HyVee. More Sandy, more Doozy.
Saturday, May 17th:
As every year, ACBW 2014 will culminate in Springfield with the Mother’s Day Festival. Gates open at 1:30 pm, the beer starts pouring at 2pm, and the event lasts until 8pm. Bring your blankets, chairs, and families for a huge annual event that features the best Springfield has to offer, including local beer, local art, local food, and live local music. For more event details, visit the Mother’s Brewing Company website.