Happy First Friday, Beer Buzzers. We have a pretty solid list of things for you to do while you drink, but we’ll start with where you should be TONIGHT.
Get your butts down to Mother’s for the First Firkin Friday. Tonight, they’ll have a Blueberry Mandarin Summer With with your name on it. They start pouring the gravity-fed deliciousness at 6, but their tasting room opens in 15, so get busy getting there so you don’t miss a drop.
Tonight, you can catch an Springfield BRewing Company sampling at Arts & Letters as part of First Friday Art Walk. They will be exhibiting art by Shay Rainey and pouring delicious local beer. Win. Starts at 7pm and runs until 10 pm at 214 S Campbell ave in downtown Springfield.
Tuesday, August 12th is the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tasting at the Brown Derby Wine Center. The price is $20 per person and it will be a one-time opportunity to try several amazing beers you will not have another chance to try locally. Show starts at 6:30 in the Wine Center Tasting Room. RSVP at 417-883-4066 and tell them we sent you. We get nothing out of it, but it will confuse them when you tell them.
The list of beers includes:
- 3 Floyds Brewing Company Chico King Pale Ale
- Allagash Brewing Company Myron’s Walk Belgian Style Pale
- Asheville Brewer’s Alliance Tater Ridge Scottish Ale
- Ballast Point Brewing Company Electric Ray India Pale Lager
- Bell’s Brewing Company Maillard’s Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale
- Cigar City Brewing Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock
- Firestone Walker Torpedo Hoppy Pilsner
- Oskar Blues Brewery CANfusion Rye Bock
- New Glarus Brewing Company There & Back ESB
- Ninaski Brewing Company Double-Latte Coffee Imperial Stout
- Russian River Brewing Company Yvan the Great Belgian-Style Blond
- Victory Brewing Company Alt Route Altbier
The largest local homebrew club, The Zymurgists of the Ozarks (The Homebrew ZOO) has their monthly meeting on August 19th at 7:30 pm at The Homebrewery in Ozark, Missouri. This month, we’ll be discussing Session Beers, which is a topic near and dear to my heart. Come on out and meet some very avid beer-sharers.
This month is Boulevard’s month to make your mouth water. They’re sponsoring 417 Magazine’s Restaurant Month, which promotes… well… restaurants in 417. The kick-off party is Thursday, August 7th at Metropolitan Farmer, but they’re getting started August 3rd at participating restaurants. For tickets to the kickoff party, call 417-720-1665, or click here for the menu and details.
Get out there and get drinking. Tag your photos with #SGFBeer or send them to us at @sgfbeerbuzz (on Twitter and Instagram). Let’s make this social media thing social.