Welcome to The Rundown! This is a weekly source for beer events in Springfield. If you have an event you would like to submit for the rundown, email us at sgfbeerbuzz [at] gmail [dot] com and we’ll do our best.
Thursday, April 15th:
- Small batch cellar sale is at Springfield Brewing Company’s Cellar every Thursday from 4-7 PM. You can pick up a 24 pack of their small batch beers at a discounted price of only $30. Better still? You can just drive up and they’ll load it up and you can pay with a card on the spot. Nice, huh?
Friday, April 16th:
- Joe Dillstrom is playing this Friday evening in Mother’s Backyard from 7-9 PM. No cover charge, but plenty of good beer.
- Dallas Jones is playing Friday night at 4 by 4 Brewing Company in Galloway. Show starts at 6 PM.
- Tony Menown and Richie Rebuth play at Tie and Timber Beer Company this Friday evening starting at 7:30 PM.
Saturday, April 17th:
- Eighth Annual Tour De Crawdad is Saturday in Mother’s Backyard. A crawfish boil, cycle race, and live music all in one venue. It’s too late to register for this event, sadly, but it’s going to be a fun event nonetheless.
- BEER RELEASE: Chug Brunch by Mother’s Brewing Company is being released on Saturday. It’s a NEIPA with Pineapple, Coconut, and Lactose. It’s meant to be consumed fresh, so get it ASAP.
- Dallas Jones is really making the brewery rounds this weekend, as he’s playing at Mother’s Barrel House from 7-9 PM. A bit of folk and rock goes well with beer, especially newly release NEIPAs.
- If mixing fitness and chugging beer is your thing, you can get involved in The Classic Beer Mile Championship Series at Springfield Brewing Company this Saturday. You run a mile, chugging a beer between each quarter mile. You can’t run until you’ve finished. Competitors who vomit before the race is over get an extra lap at the end. Starts at 11 AM if you’re interested in running or just watching the show.
- Sunday, 4 by 4 brewing is hosting Beer & Yoga (Boga) at their brewery. It’s $15, it’s an hour long, and you can feel like you earned that beer. Gentle Vinyasa Flow and a pint of beer. It’s a full hour from 11 AM to 12 PM. Seating in the brewery opens back up at 12:15 PM, too.
- Tuesday, join the Homebrew ZOO for their monthly meeting. You don’t have to be a member, just a fan of beer and brewing. Meeting starts at 7:30 PM and is in person (outdoors) at the Homebrewery in Ozark, Missouri.
- Also Tuesday is Taco Tuesday at Springfield Brewing Company, where they will be debuting Pineapple Express, a Hazy IPA with pineapple. It’s a limited release, and they are tapping the ONLY KEG Tuesday. 6 packs are available to-go.
Things we’re watching for:
- Big Brew Day is May 1st all over the country, but you should be at The Homebrewery in Ozark, Missouri. Outdoor event, where homebrewers come out and demonstrate how to brew. Beer samples will likely be available, as will food. Also, you can start brewing by learning a few tricks and picking up some equipment while you’re there.