Welcome to The Rundown! This is a weekly source for beer events in Springfield. If you have an event you would like to submit for the rundown, email us at sgfbeerbuzz [at] gmail [dot] com and we’ll do our best.
Before we get into the future, we should acknowledge that Lost Signal Brewing Company has released a new beer this week, Beach Party IPA, and they are having fun stuff all week, like Luau Rib Tacos special that runs until the 10th. Beach Party IPA is a pineapple and coconut IPA, which sounds like it would be mighty tasty with some tacos.
Friday, April 9th:
- Hold Fast Brewing Company will host Sarah Loethen from 7-9 PM this Friday night.
- Tie & Timber – SGF favorite Jimmy Rea will play starting at 7:30 PM. Jimmy is multi-talented and puts on a super fun show.
- Mother’s Brewing Backyard – Alyssa Galvan plays from 6-8 PM. She’s a 15 year old singer/songwriter from SWMO, and the word is she’s got serious talent.
Saturday, April 10th:
- Lost signal Brewing Company is having a beach party on Saturday. Games, food specials, beer, and live music from Deja Crew starting at 6:30 PM.
- Mother’s Brewing Barrel House – MeadowMaker will play from 6-9 PM. You should check this out for no other reason than he describes his music as Forest Bathing Rock — Music inspired by Earth | Wonder | Nostalgia | Realization.
- 4 by 4 Brewing Company – Dillon Leggett is playing from 6-9 PM.
- Hold Fast has Isaac Kenneth Saturday from 7-9 PM.
- Tie & Timber – Sparkles O’Beine will be playing from 7:30-10.
- Monday night is Chess Night at Tie & Timber. A casual evening of chess in the taproom. All levels welcome, as it’s just for fun.
- Tuesday night at Hold Fast is Jazz night with MOJO LITE. “Every Tuesday come and enjoy the Missouri Jazz Orchestra at Hold Fast Brewing!” 7-9 PM.
- Taco Tuesday at Tie & Timber – T&T teams up with Team Taco for tasty tacos. And nachos and bowls and such. Runs from 2 PM until about 11 pm, so just go when you’re hungry or thirsty. They’ll also have a new collaboration brew with Lost Signal that day. It’s Kick’n with The Jinx, and it’s a Double Hazy IPA.
- Next Wednesday is Trivia Night at Hold Fast Brewing Company. Trivia starts at 7 PM, hosted by Eric S.
Further out, but on the radar:
The 8th Annual Tour De Crawdad is in Mother’s Backyard on April 17th. This is an annual charity bike ride that benefits Champions Committed to Kids. You can go for a 25, 40, or 60 mile ride or you can just come hang out and eat crawfish cooked by The Cajun Cooker. If you’re not big on shellfish, you can always have a hamburger, too.
Tie & Timber Beer Company 3rd Anniversary Shebang! is on May 1st starting at noon. Acts include the Shandies, MarleyGrass, Rea, Moore, Newman, and The Hook Knives. They’ll also be releasing several beers that day. Stay tuned.